The privacy of your personal data is important to us and we are committed to safeguarding it. The term “personal data” refers to personally identifiable data about you, such as your name, birth date, email address or mailing address, and any other information that is identified with you personally.
By visiting, and using and/or accessing the Asia Philanthropy Circle Ltd. (APC) website in any way, you fully understand and expressly consent to APC’s Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) policies and procedures for collection, use, disclosure, access, correction, accuracy, protection, retention, transfer and withdrawal of your personal data for the following purposes, where applicable:
- Process and administer your application to join APC as a member and to renew membership.
- Create a membership network seeking interaction amongst Asian philanthropists, including to create a member profile and referring members to relevant social institutions/individuals/companies/organisations.
- Provide access to our websites and pages on social media.
- Deliver the services you request.
- Send information about events, notifications and digital newsletters.
- Respond to your job application.
APC may also use your photographs for publicity purposes during our events.
We will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
If you choose to contact us or send us information for which you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other partner organisations, so as to process the information in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law.
We will retain your personal data only as necessary for any business or legal purposes. To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
This site may contain links to non-APC sites whose data protection and privacy practices may differ from ours. We are not responsible for the content and privacy practices of these other websites and encourage you to consult the privacy notices of those sites.
You understand and agree for APC to contact you for any other purposes related to the services that APC is providing or had provided you with and/or on matters which you have an ongoing relationship with APC. If you do not agree with any of the terms and conditions, please do not visit, use and/or access this website.
Personal identifiable information that APC collects
APC’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services. APC collects personally identifiable information when you provide it to us, such as when you have been invited to be our member, register on our site, and when you visit APC pages and subscribe to any of our services. Once you register with our site you are no longer anonymous to us.
Anonymous information that APC collects
Your Internet browser has a feature called “cookies” which store small amounts of data on your computer about your visit to any of our sites. However, cookies tell us nothing about who you are unless you specifically give us personally identifiable information. We use tracking technologies in a variety of ways, including:
- Keeping count of return visits to our site or our advertiser’ or partners’ sites.
- Accumulating and report anonymous, aggregate (data collected in mass), statistical information on website and advertisement usage.
- Determining which features users like best.
How APC uses the information
The information we gather is mainly used for general purposes including:
- Enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- Fulfil your requests for certain products and services.
- Customise the content you see.
Any modifications to our privacy practices will be reflected first on our site. If there is a material change in our privacy practices, we will indicate on our site that our privacy practices have changed and provide a link to the new privacy statement.